At Falconbridge Animal Hospital, our team is trained to see more than just cats and dogs!
Before choosing small mammals and reptiles as pets, it’s important to do as much research as possible. These animals have many different needs than cats and dogs, and it’s essential for their overall health and wellbeing to plan for those needs.
Types Of Exotic Pets
Our exotic vets, Dr. Karl and Dr. Turner, are accepting new exotic patients including:
- Sugar gliders (marsupials)
- Rodents (guinea pigs, rats, gerbils, mice, etc)
- Reptiles & Amphibians (snakes, lizards)
- Arachnids (please call)
- And more!
Please note, we do not see fish, or any venomous/ poisonous pet. If you are uncertain if we are able to provide care for your exotic pet, please contact our hospital.
Specialty Services for Your Exotic Pets
Regardless of species, we recommend annual wellness exams for every patient. Exotic pet care exams include a complete health check and conversation regarding husbandry, nutrition, handling, habitat, and other factors that determine their quality of life. If you notice any sign of disease or illness in your pet, please bring it to our attention immediately. What appears to be a minor infection, or a small cold can escalate very quickly.
Additional Exotic Pet Services We Offer Include:
- Nail Trims
- Vaccinations for applicable species
- Sick visits including (but not limited to) ears, eyes, skin, inappetence, & letheragy
- Spays & neuters for applicable species
- Mass removals (please call)
- Dentals (please call)